3 Signs You Need to Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident

Law Offices of Steven Zwick March 12, 2018

Although cars have made our lives so much easier, they also put us at risk. In fact, roughly six million car accidents occur in the United States each year. While legal assistance isn’t required for every single car accident, it’s crucial to understand when you need to contact an attorney after you’ve been involved in a crash. If any of the following occur, it’s time to call a personal injury lawyer.

You Sustain an Injury

Speaking of personal injury, this is a tell tale sign that a lawyer should get involved. Even minor car accidents can result in serious injuries, and they can be disabling. you may not experience symptoms right away, but any sign of injury at all should be paid close attention. Seeking medical care immediately can help determine the severity and source of your injuries. Personal injury lawyers will be able to help you through the rest.

You Can’t Determine Fault

When the blame cannot be clearly assigned in an accident, it’s a good idea to hire a personal injury lawyer. Lawyers can help gather the correct evidence necessary to support your innocence. They can also gather witnesses and statements that you may not be able to acquire on your own. Injury lawyers can also help you if you are partially to blame, as you may still be entitled to compensation.

Your Insurance Company Is Involved

Regardless of the severity of your accident, insurance will be involved. However, there are times when you may need a third party to help you communicate with them. Typically, the adjusters are not going to be on your side. They may try to mislead you into making statements on the record that can count against you so they don’t have to pay out money. Your personal injury lawyer will be able to defend you, as well as advise you on what to say to your insurance company.

Car accidents can be scary, and even more difficult when the law has to get involved. If you are injured, the blame is unclear, or your insurance company is getting too nosy, you should contact a personal injury lawyer.